What Does a Child and Family Social Worker Do?
Child and family social workers focus on assisting children and families, especially those with living situations that put the children at risk of neglect or abuse. Some common tasks fulfilled by social workers in this field include:
- Identifying and monitoring the well-being of at-risk children
- Providing counseling to improve the social and psychological function of children and their families
- Arranging adoptions and foster homes for children
- Assisting families through fostering and adoption processes
- Acting as a liaison between a school and its at-risk families