Sponsored Program

Can I obtain a license with a non-social work degree?

There are very few exceptions to this rule. Generally, a regulatory board will not consider applicants who do not have a bachelor's or master's degree in social work. Some states will offer an associate's license for applicants without either degree, but it is not a common practice. If you seriously intend on beginning a career in social work, you should plan on having a related degree (BSW or MSW).